Denon ASD-3W: iPod Dock

7 comments - Post a comment

I hate iPod owners because of all the accessories they have available to them but this one gets me the most. I've always wanted an easy way to connect my mp3 player to a large stereo system so I could blast it in my home. Denon has come up with a solution only for iPod owners called the Denon ASD-3W for $230 plus wireless and the ASD-3N for $180 which is the wired version. Now don't get confused as I did. Wireless in this case only means it can wirelessly connect to your computer, not the stereo. Either way you need to wire your dock to the stereo using RCA cables. The only benefit of connecting it to your PC is to stream live online radio through your speakers which to me is not worth $50. Both models include a remote and they only support iPod video and Nano. The great thing about the remote is that it will then show controls on the TV instead of the small iPod screen. You can also view pictures and video from your iPod onto your giant TV screen. It overall is still something basic and is not anything spectacular and personally I wouldn't spend $180 on it. A good price range would be $40-$70 but that's just me.

 
This Post has 7 Comments Add your own!
Anonymous - November 9, 2007 at 9:02 PM

Um... the whole idea of the network dock is that you can access all the music stored on your computer's hard drive. So it does quite a bit more than just give you access to online radio. It essentially turns any receiver into a network client...

Anonymous - November 9, 2007 at 9:13 PM

Think I'm wrong about my last comment... I thought this device would let you stream files FROM your computer, but apparently streams files from the connected iPod out onto the network.

Anonymous - November 16, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Nope - you were right the first time. This will let you stream files from your computer through your stero

Matt Angliss - December 31, 2007 at 2:11 PM

The internet radio is streamed through your internet connection. It does NOT require your computer to be turned on. It will also play video, music and pictures from your computer or iPod (5th gen or earlier). Oh, and the internet radio is free of course. So, essentially this doc will connect your home network and hundreds of internet radio stations as well as your iPod to your stereo system wirelessly, all controlled from your TV screen. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Anonymous - January 6, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Can someone confirm that this device will allow music to be played from the iPod when docked even if no WiFi is available?

Anonymous - January 14, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Yes you will be able to play music from your docked iPod with out Wifi. Wifi is only for the network connection. The dock is still hard wired to your stereo receiver.

Ipod Docks UK - March 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Am not sure about it I never used this Dock.

Post a Comment