No Power? A Windmill Would Help

No Comment - Post a comment


I am doing so many posts today as I am leaving for 5 days from Monday to Friday on a squash camp so many people who have not checked my blog on Sunday have a little bit to catch up on. This next product was developed by a British company called Orange with help from GotWind. It helps charge your cell phone battery or anything else atop a tent with a small windmill weighing in at 150 grams, which is personally a little to heavy for me...well not really but it is surprisingly heavy comparing it to my squash racquet which weighs in at 155 grams which is on the heavy side. Back to the windmill. It works how you would expect it, with the wind turning the turbine, and the energy produced go to the control box which is basically batteries and then it goes straight to your electronic device. I was surprised to hear that it can charge your cell phone in around 1 to 2 hours considering that is the average time it takes for my current cell phone in an outlet. The power trickles from the wind turbine at half a watt which means absolutely nothing to me. The windmill propeller itself has a diameter of 30cm and produces just as much as a solar panel charger but, a windmill will do much better in a forest compared to a solar panel. GotWind is worth a look if you're from Britain or you are visiting there unless you want to ship it overseas. The company was constructed to help reduce the carbon footprint of the world population in a different way. I myself will check it out this summer.

 
This Post has No Comment Add your own!

Post a Comment